You are in Control
As you are aware, accidents of any kind can happen at any moment and water damage in your home or business can strike when you least expect it. When it does, do not let the situation control you. You make sure you control it. One way to do just that is to call in the pros. SERVPRO to be exact. SERVPRO has been working directly with many insurance companies for the past 45 years. Your insurance company is probably one. Now as a homeowner, when something happens in our home, our first response is to do something to start the process to make it better. So when an accident happens that results in water damage, here are some helpful tips to perform, after you call us and before we arrive.
- Shut off the water source if possible.
- Remove excess water by mopping.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks under furniture legs.
- Do not use regular vacuum to remove water.
- Do not turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep away of areas where ceiling are sagging from retained water.
- Do not leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpeting.
- Hang furs and leather goods separately at room temperature.
- Remove oriental or other colored rugs from wet carpeting.
Performing these tasks could help further damage to your home.
Your locally owned SERVPRO can be reached at (360) 703-3884